Big Farm by MJM

Monday, February 20, 2012

MAYBE I’M STILL OK

Yesterday I decided to prepare some scones to deliver to a neighbor that I hadn’t kept in touch with since Christmas. I already had some other things to deliver to them, just little things. I was shocked to discover that she had just returned from the hospital because a cold developed into pneumonia.
In my own defense, we don’t really keep in touch, so when something happens they don’t really let us know. The reason I take things to them is because she has been ill the past year and her husband doesn’t cook. We seldom see them except for some social events when she is well enough to attend.
Well, I made a double recipe of scones which looked beautiful when they came out of the oven, but on my first taste I discovered I had neglected to add sugar. Fortunately I had some homemade strawberry jam to put on them and topped them with lite whipped topping which made a delightful repast.
I’m not bragging about my innovations just telling you that I’m starting to make some mistakes, which can be rectified by me now. However, I’m at the point when things could get away from me before I know it and I have to brace myself for that fact. I hope I don’t cry when that happens but can just shrug it off as an old age thing and throw those mistakes in the garbage. I constantly tell myself that if I recognize my faults I’m still OK.

1 comment:

  1. yikes! Sounds like you made a good recovery from the error, though.

    ReplyDelete