Big Farm by MJM

Thursday, March 29, 2012

WHAT I FIND
Recently I’ve come to the conclusion that I find………
I don’t want to cook big meals anymore. When we moved here eight years ago, the one thing I missed was the nearly new stove we left behind. How I loved it. It had five burners, a warming oven and also had a convection feature. I used it every day very happily, so much so that all I wanted (besides a few other things) when we moved was to get rid of the one in the new house and get one with the same features. After five years I got it. I didn’t know that I no longer yearned to cook the way I did for over fifty years. Now I feel so stupid every time I look at it. Darn it!
I‘d really like to look for odd pieces of furniture to use in various places, but I can’t get up enough energy to find that perfect piece the way I used to. We don’t have those types of antique or junk stores near where I live. Garage sales are a total bust.
I used to walk while listening to tapes on books. In this hot weather walking is never fun and the only way to tolerate it was to walk enjoying the stories. I lost all that with the change in the weather the past few years. I still miss the change in the seasons. This year we’ve probably had two days of cold weather.
The biggest problem is driving to where I can find the things I might want but driving has become a chore, so much traffic. Not that I’m afraid.
I think the problem is I’m just old. Don’t tell me any different.


No comments:

Post a Comment