Big Farm by MJM

Friday, August 16, 2013


A RARE COMPLIMENT

Last month when I was playing bridge at our club house, an old friend came into the room to say hello. She hugged me, then looked at me and said “You really look pretty”. I laughed and told her that I had invested in some new make-up, which was the reason I looked good.
I came home elated because I don’t get that many compliments. I later wore my make-up to several family events, but no one said anything.
So, I was really surprised two days ago when a bridge player said that I really looked nice. I laughed and explained to her about my make-up.
I have always worn a small amount of make-up and only used the full amount when acting. I guess I’ll start wearing more, if it means people would really look at me.

 

2 comments:

  1. oh, great... Now if we tell you you look nice you'll think we're just being nice. But you do look great! We just don't think to mention that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look beautiful to me! I will say it each time I see you now so you never forget.

    ReplyDelete