Big Farm by MJM

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

HOME INVASION (PART 2)

For your information:

In hot weather our front door usually swelled, so we didn’t push it all the way closed because it was so hard to open. When Peter kicked the door open, he could see it wouldn’t cause much harm, just leave a dirty foot print.

Before all this happened, my son had stopped to visit after class before heading to the house he shared with several other college students. My high school daughter was on her way home from her part-time job. I had informed my husband of all of this when he called to say he was on his way.

On the access road he passed me driving behind the policeman, but at that time Peter had his head down in pain, so my husband thought I was alone. He went home and called our son’s house to find out if he was OK. Our daughter came home a little later, while my husband was on the phone. At that time I called from the doctor’s office to say where I was. Not being able to get thru, I called a neighbor who lived on the other side of the golf course to inform him where I was. She said she could see him leaving our driveway so he must know where I was. He didn’t.

Panicking, he drove past the doctor’s parking lot where I was and drove to the hotel where my son had a part-time job. He wasn’t scheduled to work that day, so he then drove to the hospital emergency room. Returning home, our daughter told him the neighbor had called to say where I was.

In the meantime, the same neighbor called the vice president of the company of which Peter was president. There were several of his employees living in our community.
The word went out, so three or four people came to the doctor’s office where I was waiting for the medical staff to be through so I could take him home. He was shocked upon seeing all these people waiting for him.


1 comment:

  1. I had completely forgotten about all of this. I think it was my friend Rob's dad. Great guy I once called in the UK to say hello, years after we lost touch. I've not had opportunity to speak with him in like 20 years, but he was a great friend and co-worker. I must have helped him get the job at Pandora's.

    ReplyDelete