Big Farm by MJM

Saturday, October 1, 2011

WHAT’S UP WITH THE WEATHER?
Last night I dreamed I was taking a walk in the fall weather up north and feeling so elated. I then woke up to our usual 90 or more degrees of temperature here in Florida.
Today was my husband’s golf day and after eating lunch, he sat in a chair on our screened-in porch and took a nap. It was still in the nineties. I stayed indoors, as usual.
Every day has been the same for the past two or three months, 90 or more degrees of hot weather every day. Nothing seems to change and yet when I went into JC Penney’s last week they were putting out Christmas decorations.
Next January or February I expect will be the start of another cold winter. The last two years we’ve had the coldest weather we can remember since moving here almost thirty years ago. We’ll both be bundled up in sweaters and covered in blankets hoping warm weather will soon be here. So the cycle will continue.
With record snows, floods and hurricanes in all sections of the country, you wonder could global warming be here. Nah, there’s no such thing.
(The above was written on last Thursday.  Saturday morning’s weather report says it now ten degrees cooler. I can now go outdoors, but for how many days?)


No comments:

Post a Comment