Big Farm by MJM

Monday, October 31, 2011

DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE?

There’s been a lot of discussion about Time Magazine’s cover story about favorite children within a family. My husband says we didn’t have one out of our five children. I said that my answer to the question was always “whoever’s the baby or whoever is sick”.

However, now that the children are grown there’s no longer a “baby”. Ours is now in her mid-forties so she no longer qualifies for that role, although I’ve told her she would always be my baby. The answer is “whoever needs us the most right now”.

We’re always willing to help, especially with lots of advice which probably won’t be listened to, but it’s nice to be asked anyway.

1 comment:

  1. We can each be your favorite in terms of narrow categories. Like I can be your favorite second oldest or your favorite child living in Delaware. I've always had a hunch Chuck was your favorite son. But since boys drool and girls rule, that's not saying much.

    ReplyDelete