Big Farm by MJM

Monday, November 7, 2011

 THIS IS ONE TIME I DID HAVE A FAVORITE

There was a notice in the mail from the school nurse regarding my youngest daughter, who was in Kindergarten, informing me she had a heart murmur, probably congenital. What? I immediately started shaking. Was this my fault? Did I not notice a problem? She was perfect until now. How had I missed it? What was it that I missed? I’m responsible! How can I live with myself after this?
When I pulled myself together, I called the doctor’s office and was told to bring her in. I called my husband and asked him to come home, but he was about to give a speech and couldn’t come immediately.
When she got off the bus that day, I drove straight to the doctor’s office. He checked her out, and there was nothing the matter with her. NOTHING!
The doctor was furious. It turned out he was the doctor assigned to our elementary school and responsible for yearly examinations. The school nurse had no authority to send out any kind of notice.
I can’t remember if I discussed the situation with my baby as to why we went to see the doctor that day.




1 comment:

  1. makes you wonder if some other child DID have a heart murmur and she meant the note to go to a different parent...

    ReplyDelete