Big Farm by MJM

Tuesday, August 21, 2012


TRYING TO EXPLAIN WHY

My very old friend asked me why I’ve become so political in my blog. I had to stop and think how all this happened.
I distinctly remember when George Bush was elected president, I went next door to my neighbor, who was a Republican and said to her (very nicely because I liked her) that I hope she realized that she had just voted for a war. Her reply was, no she just felt he was “rattling the sabers” for Saddam Hussein to realize he meant business. I told her she was totally wrong and we were going to war.
Then what happened? If you were against the war you were un-American and not patriotic. I remember riding in a car and the street was lined with people protesting the war and the signs they were holding up said “Honk if you’re against going to war”. I said to the driver “aren’t you going to honk” and he said no because Iraq had WPD’s and Bush was all for keeping America safe. I said to him “remember this: Iraq has no weapons of mass destruction!”
The result is that George and Dick and friends made a lot of money, but the cost of the war impacted the United States so much that we have now have an enormous budget deficit as a result. If you don’t believe me, don’t you wonder why George Bush has had no say in the last two major elections for President? The Republicans know they were all wrong, and now they’re trying to make two wrongs into a right. The Republicans have destroyed the middle class as we know it.




1 comment:

  1. One positive thing we can say about current Republicans is that they know to distance themselves from Bush!

    ReplyDelete