Big Farm by MJM

Tuesday, August 28, 2012


 

THE FACE OF ONE LOCAL VOTER

Today after putting groceries in my car trunk, I was waiting for a gentleman to close his car door so I could get into my driver’s seat. He was taking a long time and finally turned to me and said with a slight sneer ”am I holding you back?” I replied very nicely and with a laugh that he was. He looked at the re-elect Obama button I was wearing and made a derisive noise to let me know who he was voting for, so I said “good luck”.
I will describe the man to you. He was about 50 years old, overweight with tattoos on his neck and arms and the baggy shorts he was wearing were hanging half off his rear end. He did have plaid underwear on, so he wasn’t totally disgusting. I can’t imagine what kind of work he did, but immediately thought he was probably one of the NRA members who live everywhere in our county and maybe his pants were falling down because of the weight of his concealed weapon.
As I got into the car, I thought that if he had met Romney himself, the former governor would probably not shake his hand or if he did, he’d later wipe it off.  I’d do the same thing myself. I thought thank goodness he isn’t a Democrat.

No comments:

Post a Comment