Big Farm by MJM

Friday, September 7, 2012


SCHOOL TESTING

I saw a commercial recently featuring our “Tea Party Governor” saying he was now planning on getting rid of the “teaching to the test” policy in Florida. Meaning he is planning on doing away with the FCAT testing done in the Florida Public Schools.
On seeing this ad was supposedly paid for by the Republican Party, I was totally shocked. I have always been against that test which I felt was not an effective way to educate our children. I’m all for getting rid of this test, but I found it strange that the Governor was coming out with this ad and it was paid for by the Republican Party.
Why was I confused? Jeb Bush was the one who pushed this through when he was our "education" Governor and his brother, George, was called the “education” President. Now Jeb is planning on his big run in several years. He would not be happy with Scott doing away with his “baby”.
What I concluded is that Scott is getting ready for his re-election campaign and ridding the state of the test would make our residents very happy and maybe feel better about voting for him. I waited for an article in the newspapers about this because it would be big news, maybe even a huge headline for him.
But what happened? I have not seen the ad on television since the one time I did see it, nor was there any news about it on TV or in our newspapers. I really think he sneaked this by the state party and when they and Bush saw it, it was immediately pulled off the airways. Interesting huh?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment