Big Farm by MJM

Saturday, March 9, 2013


MY VISIT TO THE EYE DOCTOR

 I had my Field Vision Test for Glaucoma. It’s a very intensive examination of my left eye which shows I might have a slight problem. I do take one drop every night at bedtime in just the one eye as well as another drop ten minutes later for an extremely dry eye. I’ve been doing this every night without fail for the past three years. In the morning I use the dry eye drop again, it’s in a bigger bottle.
Here’s how my day went. I got up put a drop in my eye before leaving with my husband for the appointment. Unfortunately, I used the wrong bottle, so I tried to wash it out with water. This was the only time I’d ever done that.
I explained to the technician what I had done, we both laughed but she said it was probably no problem. After the long ten minute tests on both eyes, I then sat in another dark room with about a dozen other people until being called to the room for vision testing and having drops put in my eyes. The technician left me because something wasn’t right on the computer and she had to check it out. She came back and said everything was OK. I was put again in the dark room with other patients until I was called in to see the doctor.
The doctor came in, I thought there was something the matter with him ‘cause he had changed in the six months since I had last seen him. He started looking at all the computer results then mentions his name (Dr. S.) and said he had done my cataract surgery. This was really weird because the person placing me in the room said my regular doctor (Dr. B.) would be in soon. So that’s who I expected.
Dr. S. looks at the computer for a few minutes then says he’ll be right back and left. Another employee came in a few minutes later and asked if I had seen the Doctor, I said yes but he left, she asked where he went. I told her he said something about seeing the computer person. She then asked if it was still cold outside, I told her it was when I arrived, but it may have warmed up in the two hours since I entered the building.
After a long time, the Dr. returned, said “Hello and how was I”, as though he hadn’t seen me five or more minutes before. He started to check me using “the bright light machine” before stopping and deciding the light bulb needed to be changed. He left again to hunt for a new bulb, replaced it and finished my examination. Told me I had a slight problem, but nothing to worry about and come back in six months.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. The bulbs need changing in our health care system. Too many dimwitted things happen too often. Seldom see consistent efficiency and sensibility in these offices, no matter what they practice.

    ReplyDelete