Big Farm by MJM

Tuesday, July 23, 2013


THE MORAL PULPIT

According to national television news channels, President Obama used the Moral Pulpit not the Bully Pulpit to address the country after the death of unarmed Trayvon Martin by gun toting George Zimmerman who claimed his life was in danger.
Although we have a few close black friends, we’ve never had a discussion regarding how they’ve been a victimized by discrimination. After hearing the President’s own words, I feel guilty about some of my own actions, although I’ve never considered myself a racist, I also don’t believe any of my children or grandchildren are racists.
I do believe that Zimmerman purposely caused an altercation with Trayvon so that he could use his gun knowing he could get away with it in Florida and become a hero to his community after getting rid of a bad black guy. The message he asked be sent to his wife was “I killed him” and showed no remorse. It was probably to satisfy her because she had been frightened by something which had happened before in their neighborhood. He must have called her earlier and told her he would take care of the punk he was following. 
The prosecution in the case told the jury in its closing statement to use their common sense in finding a verdict. To a jury of piers who supposedly don’t watch television or read the news that must have been pretty difficult for a group of people who are used to walking around in a fog. Now they as well as George Zimmerman are in hiding.
Do you suppose the gun used in the killing was returned to George? It’s entirely possible he could make a lot of money by selling it on e-bay.

 

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised by the verdict in some ways, but the law makes it possible for wrongs to be viewed as right. Gov Scott showed no willingness to budge despite the uproar that physically came to his office. I guess he feels really strongly about standing his ground, but he's completely wrong!

    ReplyDelete