Big Farm by MJM

Friday, April 27, 2012

A GOOD FEELING
Yesterday the grocery clerk at checkout asked me how I was doing. I told him I actually felt really good because my husband agreed with something I had done. I told him that in sixty years of marriage that had very seldom happened, so I was really elated about it
This morning my husband told me he thought it all over and that he now felt I was totally wrong in what I had done and would have to suffer the consequences of my actions.
So I should have buried my head in the sand and never expressed my own point of view regardless of whether it was right or wrong? That was the story of my life until about eight years ago when I found my own voice. I never spoke out for myself, but I now speak out at meetings, write of my frustrations and have found a group of people who really appreciate my acting talents. And if I express an opinion, I will still feel good about it because I at least spoke out.


No comments:

Post a Comment