Big Farm by MJM

Saturday, April 28, 2012

WHAT THE MIRROR SAYS

I just happened to glance in the wall mirror today and saw me with all my wrinkles. I now really look like the eighty-one year old woman I am. Later, when I shower and put on make-up and comb my hair, I’ll still be the same wrinkly person.
Tomorrow, I will meet for the first time the people whom I will probably spend some time with this year. I paid fifty dollars for a luncheon which is a fundraiser for the newly inspired Democratic Party of Pasco County. I have been on their mailing list for several months and have spoken with the gentleman who is behind the push for people in this county to run for public office. I had told him I wasn’t able to go door-to- door but could help in an office.
Once again my life seems to be changing. Several days ago, I received a script from the director/writer of the “Old Times Radio Show’. I was informed last month that he was so taken by my acting he wanted to write something for me. He has now written a dramatic half hour show for a cast of three. My character has had a tragic experience in her life. When I first read it, I wandered how I could do it, but after reading it out loud several times, I realized he capitalized on what he had seen me do and it really is for me. This is a first for his group, because they have only done old radio comedy show scripts.
With a recent tragedy in my life, which I cannot speak of now, I find I feel my heart is broken, my life is over and the tears don’t stop. Then something else pops up to renew my energy and I have new hope.
Looking in the mirror though, I still see the same sad person.

No comments:

Post a Comment