Big Farm by MJM

Tuesday, May 29, 2012




ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

My goodness, I was playing bridge last week and discovered my good friend is having another birthday. So what, you say? Well, she’ll be 98 years old, that’s what and it’s unbelievable how she still plays cards very well. Much better than me but then she has played longer, I’m only 81.
She still dresses beautifully although she says her clothes are old. The clothes are really in great shape because how can they possibly get dirty. She certainly isn’t working in the yard, scrubbing floors or even making spaghetti sauce. Of course, I don’t do much of that either.
Physically she’s in great shape like her clothes, except for her watering eyes. She says her doctor tells her he can’t do anything about that. I say that’s just an excuse, she‘s really crying because she just lost that last round.
Truthfully, I can say I’m really glad I met her and am always delighted to see her.  I wish her many more happy birthdays.




No comments:

Post a Comment