Big Farm by MJM

Thursday, July 28, 2011

A SAD CALL

 We received a call telling us our good friend Jan had died suddenly, a real shock to everyone who knew and loved her. She was a vital part of our club as well as one of our bridge players.

At the hospital the doctor told her she had no chance of survival following emergency surgery. She had gone into the hospital on Tuesday and died peacefully Wednesday morning with a friend and a grief counselor holding her hands. The grief counselor, called by the hospital, was actually one of our new bridge players who knew Jan only a short time.

I had called Jan on Monday morning about a meeting she might want to attend. She told me she couldn’t make it but to call her later with all the latest information, which I did. At the end of that conversation, we talked about her recent vacation up North and she said she’d see me next Tuesday for breakfast. She also said she missed seeing me and I told her the same.

I remember thinking that was a nice thing for her to say. I’m so glad for that sweet final memory of her.


1 comment:

  1. how sad, but so nice that you have a sweet memory like that.

    ReplyDelete